The Native L.A. Tourist is undergoing a makeover! I’m making the switch from the free WordPress.com to a hosted WordPress blog, so please pardon the dust while the site upgrades!
In the meantime, here are a few sites I regularly check:
- LAist.com I was a big fan of LAist even before I started writing for the site; they’ve got great LAistory posts on — you guessed it — the history of Los Angeles.
- TheFasterTimes.com A new kind of news site with a fresh take on current events.
- The Sartorialist Photographer Scott Schuman’s eye for street fashion and the subtle details people incorporate into their wardrobe is inspiring to see, regardless of your personal style.
- The Lunch Bunch Two friends of mine who take time every Sunday to prepare bags of lunch for the homeless chronicle their adventures in helping people who live on the street. A few weeks ago I joined them while they drove through Los Feliz and downtown L.A. to give out food and supplies…A post that will come soon!
- Apartment Therapy As a lover of mid century modern furniture, it’s great to see how others decorate their homes in similar styles.
- Los Angeles Paranormal Association I’ve always been fascinated with paranormal phenomena, and this local group explore a lot of cool places. They were recently featured on the Travel Channel’s Ghost Adventures show as they investigated the Linda Vista Community Hospital in Boyle Heights, which I’ve blogged about (though nothing exciting happened on my visit).